Join the Friends of Brixham Library
Join us by collecting a Friends leaflet from the library or downloading this FoBL membership leaflet FoBL Membership Form Final then put it an envelope with £5 (cheques payable to Friends of Brixham Library) and return it to the Friends post box in Brixham Library. We will leave your membership card at the library for you to collect. please ensure your email address is written accurately and clearly as it is our prime means of communication with members.
We currently have 320 members. Don’t forget to renew your membership each year.
Sign up at side of this page for current news to be emailed to you.
Benefits of Membership
Your annual membership gives you discounted entry to events organised by FoBL. Please see our events page as a guide to what we do. PLUS, your £5 annual subscription entitles you to 5 offers on any combination of the following:
- FREE DVD hire
- FREE CD hire
- FREE reservation on any item of Torbay stock.
You do not have to be on the committee to get involved, we welcome any help with events, ideas, suggestions etc. Committee meetings are open to any FoBL member and you are welcome to come along and see what we do and to see if there is a way you can help. If you can spare any time please let us know – see the Contacts page for getting in touch.
What we will do with Your Information
- About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk).
- Who are we?
- We are Friends of Brixham Library (FoBL). We can be contacted at Brixham Library, Market Street, Brixham, TQ5 8EU, Tel: 01803 853870.
- What information we collect and why.
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis of processing|
|Member’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address(es).||Managing the Member’s membership of the Club||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the FoBL|
|Bank Account details of the member||Managing the members membership of FoBL when paying by Standing Order||Details of bank accounts will be destroyed on completion of Standing order payment|
|The members name and e-mail address whilst a current member and for up to a year after ceasing to be a member of the FoBL||Managing the Member’s membership of the Club||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the FoBL|
- How we protect your personal data
4.1 We will not transfer your personal data without your consent.
4.2 We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or destruction
4.3 Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
4.4 We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Who else has access to the information you provide us?
5.1 We will never sell your personal data, and will never share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where we are required to do so by law.
5.2 We may pass your personal data to third parties who are providing a service, e.g. passenger list for boat trips, walks, etc., however we will only disclose personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service.
- How long do we keep your information?
6.1 We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a paid up member of the FoBL and no longer than one year afterwards. We will review your personal data every year and decide whether we are still entitled to hold it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will store it in an archived form in order to comply with future legal obligations, e.g. the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
6.2 We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- Your rights
7.1 You have rights under the GDPR
- a) to access your personal data
- b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- c) to have your personal data corrected
- d) to have your personal data erased if required
- e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
7.2 You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
https:/ico.org.uk/concerns/ 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF